Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Someone To Believe In You

Sometimes all it takes for you to get the motivation you need is to know that someone else believes in you.

I know for myself that whenever I feel inadequate, when I get the encouragement of a respected friend or respected adult it makes me believe in myself.

I know also that for myself when I begin to feel inadequate it is because I am comparing myself to those around me.

I feel like so much today we are comparing ourselves to those around us. We need to STOP. God has not intended for us to compare ourselves to others. He has not intended for us to compare our strengths, our talents, our looks, our possessions, anything to others.

God has a purpose, a plan, for each one of His children that only they themselves can fulfill. My purpose is different from yours and requires for me to have different talents, a different personality than you. That does not make better. That does not make me any less important. We are the body of Christ.

STOP comparing yourself to others. Believe in yourself. Find inspiration in the little things. When you find yourself being self-critical reevaluate yourself to make sure you are not comparing yourself to those around you. Pray to God and ask that He allow you to see yourself the way that He sees you.

God has given you a purpose that only you can fulfill. God believes in you. God believes in me. He has trusted us to fulfill a plan. He is using us to do His Kingdom work on the earth because He believes in us. He believes in you.

I don't know about you, but to know that God believes in me is the best motivation I can have.

God Bless,
Kaitie

No comments:

Post a Comment