Thursday, June 6, 2013

When Did I Become Old Enough...

When did I become old enough to be attending friends weddings?

I know I am twenty and this is the time that people often become engaged, but I do not feel like all these people should be my friends.

Literally, this summer alone I have/had the option of attending five weddings. Five. Five weddings in which all the people getting married are 20-23 years old. What?

Here I am... single... no prospect... 20 years old...

It is sometimes kind of disheartening. I really want to be planning a wedding. I mean, what girl doesn't dream of her fairytale wedding with the Prince Charming waiting there at the altar?

I am not wanting to rush anything by any means. I know God has a plan, but sometimes I get a little impatient. Plus, it does not make it easier that your best friend has a boyfriend that you know that she is going to be marry (even though they have been only dating for a short while... you just know) and all your friends around you are planning away or even already married.

It is just so mind-blowing to me that I am in this stage of life.

I cannot wait to begin planning a wedding, but more importantly I cannot wait to plan a wedding with the man of my dreams. If I have to wait a little while longer for him to show up, okay. But... in all honesty sometimes that is not an easy thing... you know, to wait patiently.

Plus, Pinterest just makes the whole situation worse. Ha.

God Bless,
Kaitie

No comments:

Post a Comment