Sunday, June 9, 2013

Late Night Thinking...

Typically, late night thinking does not do me much good. In fact, if I liked taking medicine the moment I felt not so-good-thoughts pop into my mind I would take some sleeping pills to avoid losing sleep to meaningless pondering.

However, tonight is different. I am unable to sleep because I am thinking about how blessed I am to be right where I am. I could not imagine being any place else or even wanting to be any place else. (I could do away with my Biology class, but that is for a totally different blog post. Ha.) Seriously though. I am truly happy. I am truly blessed beyond what I deserve.

It amazes me how days (even moments) add up to lead you to where you need to be. 

Those nights that I have been wide awake thinking about how I could have done things better, made better choices, etc. have actually led me to be thinking about all the positives tonight. Without the hardships, the tears, the letdowns, the mistakes I would not be able to know what good I have now.

*Note that during the hardships, the tears, the letdowns, the mistakes that I did have it good it was just difficult for my eyes to realize that I was being prepared for something better. I was growing up.

I am still growing up. I am still learning. I am still making mistakes. I am still going to go through some hardships and letdowns. I will even have more tears. However, I know that the outcome when everything is said and done that I will be a better person because of them if I choose to grow from those moments and not relive them every night.

Late night thinking is often dangerous, but being able to train your brain to think about positive things in your life can lead to late night thinking that is encouraging.

God Bless,
Kaitie

No comments:

Post a Comment