Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Saturday Morning Coffee

This is a post another blog of mine that was written in the Fall of 2012. I know that is awhile back, but I really wanted to share this with y'all. It makes my heart happy to read these words.

Today I met with a family friend for a class assignment. I had to interview a woman who was or is currently in a women's ministry leadership position. Let me begin by saying that I have never enjoyed an assignment as much as I did this one.

I have never really talked one-on-one with this lovely lady. We have always been acquaintances. I know her because she is one of my aunts best friends. However, today, that has changed.

After an hour or so of sipping coffee, chit chat, and me interviewing her about her life in ministry I consider her a new friend.

When I woke up this morning I was having such a difficult time making myself get out of bed. I was excited about meeting with her and picking her brain on things, but it's Saturday. The last thing I wanted to do was get up at 7am to do a homework assignment.

Once, I was at the local coffee shop and sitting with her and listening to her wise words and advice, I totally forgot about having to get up early. I was enjoying myself and felt myself being inspired. She is such a phenomenal women. I think we could have talked forever. (We are girls though and Lord knows we love to talk!)

I don't know how your Saturday is going, but my Saturday morning coffee with a new friend has definitely made my whole day and it's only 11:12am!

God Bless,
Kaitie

No comments:

Post a Comment