Monday, September 23, 2013

Peaceful Mornings

Okay, so maybe my mornings don't begin out completely peaceful...

Two weeks ago I begin Insanity for my second time. (I think it's more difficult the second time around.) I have been getting up at 6:30 in the morning every morning minus Saturday's and Sunday's. For some reason, I have become this health guru again.

Insanity's 40 minute workouts kick my butt, but I seem to be getting physically stronger and more fit. Makes any girl feel good, right? It's totally worth the early wake-up calls and sweat.

So I wake up every weekday at 6:30am. I know, I am completely ridiculous. Let me tell you though, I feel great. My favorite thing about the whole getting up early thing though is the time in the morning after my daily workout that I get.

After my workout I shower, eat breakfast and just prepare myself for the day ahead. I feel like my mornings really set the tone for how my day is.

Sometimes I will just sit in the quiet. Sometimes I do some homework. Sometimes I will watch episodes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch (or when Boy Meets World is on, I will watch that!). Sometimes I will browse Pinterest and Facebook. And my personal favorite, I sometimes listen to bluegrass hymns on Pandora. (Which is what I am currently doing as I type this blog.)

Along with being physically healthy though, I am really working on being spiritually healthy. Why, yes I feel like I have a strong relationship with God it can always be made stronger. There is always something that I can improve on in my life.

Being physically, emotionally and most important spiritually healthy has just been heavy on my heart lately. So... here I am just trying to achieve the goal that I have set for myself.

It can be quite difficult at times and chocolate cake is one of my weaknesses, but resisting temptation make me feel even better in the long run than eating that piece of cake. Ha.

Have a very blessed Monday!

God Bless,
Kaitie

No comments:

Post a Comment